Café Rio Cilantro Rice Recipe

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This recipe makes a moist, flavorful rice that would be delicious as a side dish to any Mexican meal. We use it as part of Café Rio Taco Salad, but often eat the leftovers later with other meals.


The ingredients:
6 cups water
6 chicken bouillon cubes

4 tsp. garlic –minced

½ bunch cilantro
1 can green chiles—or equivalent fresh

¾ t salt

1 T butter

1 onion

3 cups rice
(I like to use brown which takes longer to cook but is healthier)

I saute the dry rice and half of the onion in the butter until it is just browned. Then blend cilantro, green chiles and the other 1/2 onion together in food processor (with 1 cup of the water for easier blending). Bring water to a boil and add all ingredients, simmer covered 30 minutes or 50 minutes if using brown rice.

(This batch was made using brown rice.)

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP