Potato Quiche

Friday, February 27, 2009

I worry about a lot of things in my life, but there's one thing I never worry about....me becoming an anorexic. No way. I love food way too much. Plus skipping meals for me is torturous...not just on me, but on anyone who crosses my path when I'm hungry. When our church moved to a later schedule on Sunday mornings (to go right through the lunch hour) I quickly realized that unless we had a plan of action that there was going to be embarrassing trouble on our pew at church. So we did what any food-loving family would do, we created a new family tradition....Sunday morning brunch!

This potato quiche has quickly become one of our Sunday morning favorites...easy to make, filling, and delicious!


















The ingredients:















CRUST:
2 cups shredded potatoes (just buy them pre-packaged, it's not worth the trouble doing them from scratch)

FILLING:
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1 cup cubed ham
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Spray a 10" pie pan with no-stick spray. Press the potatoes flat into pan and up the sides. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until edges are brown.

Beat together eggs, milk, and seasoning salt. Then stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into potato crust. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes.















Enjoy!

5 comments:

Donna-FFW February 27, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Lara- GORGEOUS! It looks so very delicious!! I eat so freaking much that I could never be anorexic either. Slob that I am. This sounds sooo very tasty!

Spryte February 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Yum!! That sounds so good!!! I love savory breakfast stuff!

Coleens Recipes March 9, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

What a great photo!! Makes me hungry.

Anonymous,  July 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM  

We tried this yesterday and it was a big hit with the whole family. My kids can't wait to have it again.

Anonymous,  February 5, 2015 at 3:45 PM  

This was great! We are trying to be as vegetarian as possible, so I omitted the ham, and replaced it with oven roasted veggies (mushrooms, cauliflower, onion, and carrot). Love the crust!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP