Six Can Refried Bean Soup

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This fast and simple dish is as easy as 1-2-3-4-5-6 dumping cans into a pot. It combines the ease of soup with the heartiness of chili and makes for a perfect last minute dinner or lunch.

The ingredients:
1 can (16 oz.) spicy fat-free refried beans
1 can (15-1/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, cut up
1/2 cup water
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
1/4 cup salsa
Tortilla chips
Sour cream (for garnishment)
Shredded cheddar cheese (for garnishment)

In large sauce pan combine all ingredients (except tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese). Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer or until heated through. Serve hot with tortilla chips, sour cream, and little sprinkle of cheese. Serves 8.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Katy ~ April 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM  

Lara, this is so clever! How many times have I wished to have something hot and delicious and comforting after a wretched workday? This is PERFECT!

Charlene April 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

this looks a lot like taco soup. Have you had or made that before?

Heidi April 30, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

This is very much like the refried bean soup I make. Yummy! Stop by and pick up and award I left you on my last post.

Kristen April 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

mmm-that's so easy, looks tasty!

Coleens Recipes May 1, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

This would be great for my older grandkids!!

teresa May 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Hi! I just found your blog and your recipes have my mouth WATERING! Everything looks amazing, I'm going to have fun exploring more!

Carrie May 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I wanted you to know that I used your recipe as a gift! I printed this recipe off...pasted it to the back of a Thank You post card....bought all of the ingredients (aside form the sour cream and cheddar cheese)...contained it all in a large plastic colander, and gave it (times 2) to my son's teacher and assistant teacher for their Teacher Appreciation week gift! They loved it! Said by this point in the school year they are not cooking at all and they're husband's are having to fend for themselves!
This recipe made a perfect "gift basket" sort of gift. And I wanted to say thanks and give you the credit!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP