Welcome Fellow Foodies!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What a surprise to wake up to this morning...I am one of the random blogs featured on the Foodie Blogroll today! Since I know there will be visitors from all over the world today I wanted to take this opportunity to say:

Welcome to the Recipe Shoebox!

I started this blog as a forum for my family to share recipes with each other, but over time I have found that I have a passion for good food, new recipes, and connecting with other people. While I am still ecstatic whenever one of my sisters or mom posts their own recipe here, you'll find most of the recipes here are mine. My earliest posts are most of my tried and true old favorites, while you will find my more recent posts new recipes from books, magazines, and friends that I'm trying for the first time. Some of them are delicious, others of them okay, but don't worry I spare you all the details of the most horrible ones.
*********************************************************************************
Here are a few random tidbits about me:

* I have five kids ages 4-14 and I'm usually on the run, as a result you'll find that most of my recipes are fast, easy, and use only simple ingredients.

* Our favorite types of food are Mexican and pasta dishes (and way too many desserts).

* I have such a shady backyard and have so little natural light in my kitchen, that I usually take most of my food outside to take pictures of it. I'm certain that my neighbors think I'm a little weird.

*Due to the constant sleep deprived state of my brain I occasionally let a little silliness shine through in my recipe descriptions!

*I am determined that my kids will love cooking too, so each Monday through the summer I'm doing a Cooking with Kids series with some fun ideas to help them get excited about it too.

*Unrelated to my cooking exploits, but significant to me...I live in the Washington DC area and LOVE it! I'm pretty sure we live in the coolest place in the world!
************************************************************************************

I hope you'll take some time to look around. You can click on the links at the top for the basic categories: Main Dishes, Desserts, and Sides. If you're looking for something more specific check out the labels along the right side here. You'll find all of my recipes are labeled by category, main ingredients, and other various descriptions.

If you like what you see, feel free to become a follower or leave a comment! I love meeting other fellow foodies!

10 comments:

Rachel June 24, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

It was nice learning some extra little facts about you :) I can't believe you have five kids, ages 4-14...you may be my new hero :) I'm sure you're busy, busy, busy!

Heidi June 24, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Yay to the foodie blogroll! Hope you get lots of new people stopping by.

Katy ~ June 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

How fun that you've shared these little details of yourself. I did not know you had five children. Bless you! Washington DC is groovy!

Hope you get a ton of visitors! Blogging is such great fun!

Anonymous,  June 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Five kids? oh my...you're amazing!

I live in the DC area too, but heh, I find it sort of boring. I wish we had better transportation (since I don't have a car yet) but I guess it's better than a lot of other places!

Redkathy June 24, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Congrats on the foodie blogroll! That's how I found you :)

Coleens Recipes June 25, 2009 at 1:41 AM  

Cheering you on from the side lines!! You have a GREAT recipe blog, and I enjoy visiting every day.

Donna-FFW June 25, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Didnt know you had 5 children. It was fun to learn some more information on you. I love reading your blog with each new post.

Annette June 25, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

Hey, how cool are you? How you find time to get everything done, I will never understand.

Thistlemoon June 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

Thanks for being a part of The Foodie Blogroll!

Debbie June 25, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

We're practically neighbors! I live in Prince Wm county...not far from DC. Finally we have some nice weather here....Love your blog!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP