Nana's Broccoli Salad

Sunday, July 12, 2009

This recipe is an old classic from my Nana Crain. I was surprised the first time I had this salad as a college student at how much I liked it, since I had never really liked broccoli before. The fun sunflower seeds, Craisins, bacon bits and tangy dressing make this healthy salad enjoyable even for the pickiest eaters and it's a great way to get my kids to eat all their veggies!


The ingredients:
2 bunches broccoli
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs. vinegar
3 Tbs. sugar
Add-ins according to your preferences: sunflower seeds, Craisins, bacon bits, grated cheese

Chop broccoli into small pieces. Stir in desired add-ins.

Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar together then pour over broccoli mixture. Stir together. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Katy ~ July 12, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

Lara, this sounds soooo good! I can just taste the blend of flavors. I'll definitely put this on my to-do list. YUMM!

Melody July 12, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

This is one of my favorites too! I love the sweet dressing, bacon and cheese. YUMMY!

MaRiN July 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

I LOVE THIS SALAD! I see in your picture that you used dried cherries- I'll have to try that! Looks delicious as always!

Anonymous,  July 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Wow, that salad looks so delicious! I love the addition of seeds and craisins and bacon and oooh...cheese! Basically, love everything there! WOW!

Coleens Recipes July 13, 2009 at 3:18 AM  

Oh wow, all my favorites in one salad...broccoli, raisins, bacon, I am certainly "stealing" this one!!

Jessie July 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Lara~ I love love broccoli salad!! that looks so yummy!! thanks for sharing your recipe for it!!

teresa July 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

I could eat an entire of bowl of this for lunch and be completely happy. Delicious!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP