Penne Pasta with Gorgonzola and Chicken

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If you ever wondered what $25,000 tastes like, this is it. Taste of Home's biggest grand prize winner ever. It was super easy to make and wowed all the "judges" in our family too with its tender chicken and flavorful white sauce. This is one dish that will definitely be making a reappearance on our table.
Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:
1 pkg. (16-oz.) penne pasta
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup white wine (I used a white cooking wine)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 cups (8-oz.) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
6-8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese and parsley (for garnishment)

Directions: Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.


Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt, and peppers;


Cook just until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.



Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Makes 6-8 servings. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Kim February 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

This looks amazing!! I just tried gorgonzola a couple months ago and I love it. I bet this is delicious.

teresa February 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

Oh. em. gosh. this looks fantastic! i could eat the entire thing in one sitting!

Julie February 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Sounds great! Can I have it and the cash too? hehe

Chef Aimee February 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Oh wow this sounds great - the gorgonzola must add so much pop to this dish!

Katy ~ February 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

I think this will soon be making a winning appearance on my table as well...oh boy does this ever sound good. Company worthy, too.

Rebekah June 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

Made this not too long ago and LOVED it! Huge hit with my hubby, reheated well too! (Only used 5-oz instead of the full 8-oz of gorgonzola and still thought it had LOTS of great flavor)! :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP