White Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Every Friday is pizza night at our house, so we're always on the hunt for fun new pizza recipes to try.  This is one I found from Spryte's Place that caught my eye. I'm normally not such a huge white sauce fan, but I loved the addition of the garlic cream cheese and felt like I was eating at a gourmet pizzeria.  The kids were scared off by all the onions, but the onions is why I loved it so much.  Definitely a keeper! 


Click here for printable recipe. 
The ingredients:
2 Tbs. butter
3 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. thyme
2 oz. garlic herb cream cheese (I used Boursin light--see picture above)
1 pre-baked pizza crust
 1/3 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese

Directions: Melt butter in a skillet and cook onions and sugar for 20-25 minutes, until deep golden brown and caramelized; stir in thyme leaves.



Stir cream cheese and Alfredo sauce together.
  Spread over pizza crust.

Top with chicken ,


then onions,


then shredded cheese. 



Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until heated through.  Enjoy!

11 comments:

teresa February 4, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

oh yummy! this would last for about 30 seconds at our house!

Arlene Delloro February 4, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

I love homemade pizza. We had it tonight! Love the idea of the boursin cheese in the topping and will definitely give that a try. Tonight we had roasted plum tomatoes, red onion, roasted red peppers, spinach, and artichokes on ours. I cheated and used a pesto pizza dough that I bought at a favorite market. I will absolutely be serving your white chicken pizza soon.

Kim February 4, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

I love white pizza, but can never seem to find a recipe for white sauce. I'd love to try this one!

Coleens Recipes February 5, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

I've never eaten white pizza, but this looks delicious!! I'll bet the caramelized onions really put it over the top.

Rachel February 5, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

This is DEFINITELY right up my alley! I haven't made homemade pizza in forever and never tried making my own pizza with a white sauce--although we've ordered similar pizzas and LOVED them! YUM!

Debbie February 5, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

My husband's favorite pizza is chicken pizza and he would go crazy for this. Looks wonderful!

Katy ~ February 6, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

This sounds over the moon good! Oh my gosh, I LOVE all the ingredients in this. Excellent post!

Julie February 6, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

That's one I'd love to try. Can't go wrong with carmelized onions!

Chef Aimee February 6, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

I could eat that entire pie!

MaRiN February 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

I am definitely trying this one...the caramelized onions will get me every time! Looks fabulous!

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

We tried this pizza tonight and made them into individual size servings. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Try adding mushrooms...yummy!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP