Peanut Butter Pie

Thursday, May 6, 2010

One of my friends brought this heavenly pie to a gathering a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it so much that of course I had to get the recipe and make it myself! :) Not only is it creamy, rich and peanut buttery, but it is also super easy to make! If you need a chocolate and peanut butter fix, this is the recipe for you!
Click here for printable recipe.

From AnnaLisa:

Ingredients:
FILLING:
1- 8 oz. cool whip
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
~1/4 cup milk


OREO CRUST

1-1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
3 Tbs. melted butter

For crust, generously butter a 9 inch glass pie plate. In a large bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and the melted butter. (You can crush the cookies in a food processor or blender.) Using your fingertips, firmly and evenly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.

For filling, whip together cool whip, softened cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Pour mixture in the Oreo crust. Line bottom of separate bowl with chocolate chips and pour in enough milk (1/4-1/3 cup) so that chocolate chips are about half covered. Cover with plastic wrap and melt in microwave for 1 minute stirring it when there's 30 seconds left. After fully melted, spread thin layer over top of peanut butter filling.

Chill in refrigerator. I cooled mine overnight, although I think just a couple of hours would work.
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Kim May 6, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Oh boy....does this look good! Peanut butter pie just might be one of my all-time favorite things to eat! This looks so creamy and delicious. I bet it is lip-smackin' good:D

Katy May 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Smiles. This is a huge kid pleaser! Can't wait til the grands come to visit. They'll be smiling big for a treat as delicious as this.

redkathy May 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

Oh my gosh I'm drooling and oh how I wish I had some cool whip, I'd make this baby right now!

teresa May 7, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

now that's my kind of treat! i love it!

FoodontheTable May 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

This looks so delicious it's a crime! Cannot wait to try this... it will be a hit with my family.

Julie May 8, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

I always need a chocolate and PB fix. I'm sure I could devour more than my fair share of this!

Shoshana,  June 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM  

If you really want to gild the lily, pour a thin layer of hot fudge in the bottom of the pie crust before you pour the peanut butter mixture over. It's just like what they used to serve in the Deseret Towers cafeteria, except theirs had a regular pie crust. :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP