Minted Honey-Lime Fruit Salad

Monday, September 27, 2010

My kids are not huge fans of cooked veggies, so I'm always looking for fun new ways to serve up fresh fruits and veggies to change things up.  My 9-year-old daughter found this recipe in a cookbook, gave me a grocery list, whipped it up for us, and even took the pictures.  The honey, mint, and lime gave the fresh fruit a perfect splash of flavor, so if you're looking for a unique way to serve up some fruit--this is the recipe for you! 
Click here for printable recipe.  

The ingredients:

1 tsp. grated lime peel
2 Tbs. lime juice
3-4 Tbs. honey (depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
3 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
1/2 small honeydew, cubed
1/2 cantaloupe, cubed
1 pint fresh strawberries, halved and hulled
2 cups fresh pineapple or mango cubes

Directions:  In a large bowl, stir together the lime peel, juice, honey, and mint until combined.  Add the honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberries, and pineapple or mango.  Toss to combine. Makes 8 servings.

  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Martha A. September 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

i love honey on a fruit salad! i will have to try it with mint!

FoodontheTable September 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

This looks delicious! What a great twist on the normal fruit salad. The recipe would be perfect for No Whine Wednesdays :)
http://blog.foodonthetable.com/2010/09/no-whine-wednesday-lentiles/

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP