Holiday Baking #14: Snowman Cookies

Tuesday, December 14, 2010


Any of you who have been following along with my cooking adventures for very long knows that I love finding fun kitchen projects to do with my kids....the cuter the better!  These adorable little snowmen cookies I found in Taste of Home were everything I was looking for.   They were simple to make, they were fun and cute, and actually tasted really good.  They had a subtle cheesecake flavor to them and we were in love with the texture, although we were at a loss for words on how to describe it.   The kids had a blast decorating their own snowmen creations and there's no doubt we'll definitely be making these cute little fellows again soon! 




Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 pkg. (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
pretzel sticks
Frosting gels
Orange gumdrops


Directions:  In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and extracts.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. 

Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least for at least 30 minutes or until easy to handle (don't skip this). 

Shape dough in 1-inch, 3/4-inch, and 1/2-inch balls.  For each snowman, gently press one of each size ball together; gently roll in remaining sugar.  Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. 

Break pretzel sticks in half; press into the sides of each cookie, forming arms. 
Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.  Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks.  Decorate as desired using frosting gels and orange gumdrop noses.  

(I used the tip of  a sharp knife to make a small hole for the nose.  I then used scissors to cut the orange gumdrops to look like a small carrot, then placed it into the hole I had created.)

 


The kids had a great time decorating their little snowmen cuties! 

Enjoy!


*********
Come back every day through December for a new holiday goody recipe! 
Don't forget to grab my button and link back to us...


Recipe Shoebox


5 comments:

ann December 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

These are adorable and I'll bet they're tasty!

Avril December 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

So cute! So, so cute!!!!

Kim December 14, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

These are too cute! I definitely want to give these a try.

teresa December 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

cutest cookies ever, i have to try these!

Sarah December 21, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

made these for my 4 year olds party at school tomorrow.. he had a great time helping Thankyou!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u128/sarahkumba/148218_10150108167536255_505941254_7398832_2510745_n.jpg

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP