Thai Chicken Pizza

Friday, February 18, 2011

We love Thai and Italian food at our house, so when I saw this recipe combining the two genres over at Scribbit:  Motherhood in Alaska, I knew we had to give it a try.  She said that it was a knock-off of a pizza by the same name at California Pizza Kitchen.  I’ve never had their version to say how it compared, but it was certainly a hit at our house! 

Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:
FOR SAUCE:  (or use store bought Thai peanut sauce to save time) 
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup hoisin sauce
1 Tbs. honey
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. minced ginger
2 minced garlic cloves
2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. chili sauce
1 Tbs. fish sauce (or 1 tsp. salt)
2 Tbs. water


FOR PIZZA:
1 Tbs. olive oil
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 pizza crust dough
cornmeal or flour, for handling
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 green onions, slivered diagonally
1/2 red bell pepper, cut in thin slices
½ cup white bean sprouts
¼ cup shredded carrot
1 Tbs. chopped roasted peanuts
1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 450°.

To make the sauce:  Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently for one minute. Divide into 2 portions for use on chicken and pizza; set aside.

To make Thai chicken: Cook the chicken in olive oil over med-high heat, stirring, until just cooked; 5 to 6 minutes do not overcook. Set aside in refrigerator until chilled through. Once chilled, coat the chicken with 1/2 cup sauce. Set aside in refrigerator.

To make the pizza: Spread 1/2 cup sauce evenly over pizza dough within the rim. Cover sauce with 1 cup cheese. Distribute half the chicken pieces over the cheese followed by the green onions, pepper strips, bean sprouts, and carrots. Sprinkle an additional 1 cup cheese over the toppings and end with 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts.
Transfer the pizza to oven; bake 18-20 minutes.  Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro over the hot cheesy surface.  Slice and serve warm. 

Enjoy! 

6 comments:

ann February 18, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

Lara, this Thai pizza looks really great. I've never had it at California Pizza Kitchen but now I want to!

Rachel February 18, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

Mmmmm...your pizza looks so good!!! I don't believe I've ever tried Thai food, so I'm excited to try those flavors! (I know I love Italian!!!)

Out of the Box into the Kitchen February 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

we tried a version of this as well...it was FABULOUS! yours seems a little different!

teresa February 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

i haven't had thai flavored anything for a long time, this looks so good!

Alison @ Hospitality Haven February 19, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

There's a pizza that reminds me of this at Boston Pizza! SO delicious! Thanks for the inspiring recipe. :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP