Chip-Crusted Chicken

Friday, April 15, 2011

Once upon a time, I looked forward to the weekend with anticipatory delight at finally being able to relax and sleep in after a long busy week.  Somewhere along the roads of my life (having five kids maybe), my weekends, Saturdays in particular, have turned into one of the craziest times of my week. Between kids that all need to be driven places--sports, church activities, etc-- and trying to get our big household and yard chores done, there seems to be little time for the relaxing weekends of my youth.  In fact, even cooking meals, a chore I normally love,  is far more challenging on the weekends.  Our fresh foods are always running low, since I grocery shop on Mondays and I'm usually just kind of burned out on chores.   As a result, I usually reserve the easiest meals on my menu for Saturdays just so we don't end up eating out in pure laziness.   Meals like this super easy one from Taste of Home.  How easy was it?  It was so easy that my hubby made it!  Okay, so my hubby would probably resent me saying that he needs something easy to cook, but since my kids all thought that the BBQ chips breading was the coolest thing ever, they now think he's the best chef in the world!  :)  Hope your weekend is fabulous! Enjoy!  

No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get this one to look pretty in the picture, so you'll just have to  imagine how tasty it is with the tender chicken and the crispy BBQ chips...
 Click here for printable recipe. 



The ingredients:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
6 cups BBQ potato chips, crushed (or your favorite variety of potato chips)
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenders

Directions:  In a shallow bowl, mix mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.  Place crushed potato chips in another shallow bowl.

Dip chicken tenders in mayonnaise mixture, then coat with potato chips.  Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. 

Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until chicken tests done.  Serve immediately!  Makes 6 servings.  Enjoy! 


7 comments:

Debbie April 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Oh I think this looks and sounds delicious!!!!

ann@Apples and Twinkies April 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

This does sound good. I can just imagine how busy you are with five kids!

Janis April 16, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

This looks good. I always get afraid to cook with dijon mustard because I don't like it, but I am curious how these flavors are together. :)

teresa April 16, 2011 at 6:40 PM  

what a great idea to use bbq chips! it looks delicious!

Mar April 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

Hi! This looks yummy! When i was a "youngster", our neighbor used to make a potato chip chicken for us it was sooo good. This looks even better.

Lyndas recipe box April 16, 2011 at 11:50 PM  

I'm sure this was delicious! I've used chips for topping on casseroles, but haven't tried it on baked chicken. Fantastic idea!

Mary Bergfeld April 17, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

This sounds wonderful, but then all your recipes do. I love to visit here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP