Light and Creamy Guacamole Dip

Friday, May 6, 2011

This delicious twist on guacamole is as easy as 1-2-3.  

1--Throw everything but the tomatoes into the blender
2--Stir in chopped tomatoes
3--Dip with your favorite chips and enjoy!
 

Adding the cream cheese and blending it in the blender gives this dip a different texture, that some of my family found much more appealing than your average guacamole.   Enjoy! 

Recipe Source:  Taste of Home Light and Delicious

Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:

2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
Chopped cilantro (optional)
Baked tortilla chip scoops

Directions:   In a food processor or blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes.

Serve with chips. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.   For more developed flavors, refrigerate for 2+ hours before serving 

Enjoy! 




Don't miss a single recipe.  Sign up on the right for email updates.


***

2 comments:

Rachel May 6, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

I am so very grateful that you posted this recipe! I could live on traditional guacamole, but my husband has never been much of a fan. He does, however, love the Dean's "guacamole dip"...it's a much smoother, creamier texture. While I guarantee your recipe tastes 10 times better than the Dean's dip, I think my husband will be so excited to have something of a similar consistency!

teresa May 6, 2011 at 12:51 PM  

oh so good, i love guac!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP