Menu 10/10 - 10/16

Monday, October 10, 2011

Here's the menu for this week...better late than never! 

Monday--Chicken Parmesan in the Slow Cooker--tried and true, easy peasy...perfect for a day at home with the kids. 

Harvest Salad (new)


Tuesday--Pasta with Potato Sauce--I haven't made this hearty vegetarian meal since last winter and lately the  sweet potatoes have been calling to me. 

Wednesday--
Lunch:  Spinach and Zucchini Soup--I'm trying to be better about eating healthy lunches, so I'm going to keep a batch of something healthy and tasty (like this soup) on hand during the week to help me during my quest. 

Dinner:  Cajun Chicken Pasta (new)--we tried this once and devoured it, but I have one little tweak I'm going to make  with it before I share it. 

Thursday--Pasta with Cremini, Asparagus, and Walnuts--my teen son has been begging me to make this for him.  He's my one kid, who gives me the most grief about all the new recipes I keep trying, so I'm throwing this in the menu for him!

Friday--Lasagna Soup (new)--I keep hearing about Lasagna Soups, but have never actually tried one yet.  Looking forward to it! 

Quick and Easy Breadsticks--


Saturday-Apple Walnut Pancakes-these hearty pancakes have been on our favorite breakfast list for years! 


Upside Down Popover Pizza
--


Sunday--Dairy-Free Pasta Alfredo (made with Cashews)--it's crazy that something this creamy can be completely dairy-free (if you leave out the Parmesan cheese)

Pumpkin Roll--one of our favorite autumn treats!



Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

2 comments:

SnoWhite October 10, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Having soups on hand for lunch is such a great thing -- I do love your zucchini spinach soup recipe, and I have pinned it to try.

I hope you enjoy the lasagna soup!

Debbie October 11, 2011 at 6:46 AM  

I would like a little bit of everything you posted. It all looks so good!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP