Mummy Hot Dogs

Friday, October 28, 2011

I know that these cute "mummified" hot dogs are nothing new on the blog scene, but when I had two kids home from school the other day, I decided it would make for a perfect lunch for a couple of sickies!   The process was super simple and from the minute the kids started wrapping their own mummies in dough, they were in love and will likely never want a bunned hot dog again. 
 Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:


1 tube seamless crescent rolls or refrigerated pie crust (or homemade pizza crust)
4 hot dogs
Ketchup, mustard

Directions:
With a pizza cutter, cut crescent rolls (or pie crust) into narrow 1/4-inch wide strips. 

Starting at the bottom of the hot dog (wherever you determine the bottom to be), loosely wrap the wiener with strips of crescent rolls or pie crust, making sure to crisscross the strips in a mummy-like fashion.

At the "head" of the mummy, leave a little space for mustard eyes, but don't add them yet. 

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. 

Dot on the mustard eyes and serve warm with ketchup. 


Enjoy! 


Click here to see a menu of all of our Halloween recipes in one place and be sure to stop by Recipe Shoebox every day this week for more fun Halloweeny recipes!



*****************

2 comments:

Kim October 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

My daughter and I made these last year and we really loved them! These are so easy that they're worth doing every year. Too cute! I hope everyone is feeling better.

Jo October 29, 2011 at 4:20 AM  

Hey Lara - these are great... I may even make some for Monday even though we don't really get Halloween here in Australia!!

By the way your children are gorjus!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP