Breakfast Kabobs

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I found a blueberry muffin mix in my cupboard recently and I was thinking of ways I could put it to  use.  I love things mini and I thought this would be a great way to use the muffins and the fruit in my fridge.  It's so simple and you can use any fruit you like.  I even had children asking if they could make their own kabob with muffins and fruit.  (Just hope that your boys don't poke each other with a skewer.)  This is not only for breakfast, but could be good at a brunch, a tea party, after school snack, or a healthy dessert.
Click here for printable recipe.
Post by: Jen
Ingredients:
1 box blueberry muffin mix PLUS ingredients listed on the box (milk, oil, eggs)
cut up fruit that you can skewer (bananas, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes, etc...)

skewers
mini muffin baking pan

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or as directed on box).  Spray mini muffin tins or line with mini muffin liners.
Prepare the muffin mix as directed on the box. OR use your favorite blueberry muffin recipe.
Scoop muffin batter into mini muffin pans.  Only about 2 Tbsp is enough.  Mine may have been filled too much.  If you fill the tins 1/2 way, then you should be able to get about 3 dozen out of the box mix.
 Bake for 10-15 minutes.  Mine actually took 12 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.

 Meanwhile, cut up your fruit into bite sized cubes.  I wish I had some grapes.  Those are perfect skewer fruit.
Slide fruit and muffin(s) onto the skewer.  There is no order.  It's however you want to do it.  Get your kids involved and they can help do this as well.  Depending on the fruit (whether it will brown quickly or not) serve either immediately or place in the fridge for later.
 A healthy snack to have anytime of the day!


5 comments:

teresa August 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM  

this is so fun, what a great idea!

Margarita,  August 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM  

Easy and fun! I´m sure my kids will love it! Thank you!

Jiah November 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM  

Yay! I’m making this!

Caroline November 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM  

Wow looks fresh and awesome!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP