Jello Mousse

Friday, August 3, 2012

I make this quite often for my family and I can't believe I haven't shared it here.  And it's soooo easy!  If you're ever wanting something like a mousse, but don't want to take the time to actually make a mousse, turn to your favorite jello flavor.  It's not just gelatin, but it can be transformed  into something fluffy. 
Click here for printable recipe.


Post by: Jen

Ingredients:
4 small boxes of your favorite jello flavor
8 oz Cool Whip (the smaller container)
2 c hot, boiling water
2 c cold water

Directions:
Add jello to 2 cups boiling water and dissolve all the way.  (I use my microwave).
I used sugar free jello because there is plenty of sugar in the cool whip, but it's up to you.
After the jello is dissolved, add the 2 cups of cold water.  Mix together.
Place in the refrigerator (in its bowl) until completely cooled and starting to set. It's still ok if it's a bit liquidy.
 After a couple hours in the refrigerator, remove and add the cool whip.
 Blend it all together with your beaters.  Make sure to scrape down the sides often so you don't have any random blobs of cool whip.
 Pour into a 9x13 pan and place in the refrigerator until it is solid.  Generally 2-3 hours, but just to be safe give it the whole afternoon.
 Remove from refrigerator, slice squares with a hot knife and serve.

 If you touch your finger to it to see if it's all the way set, then your fingerprint will rest on the top of the jello so that everyone can see that you touched it.  (see above).  Oops!


*****************************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


1 comments:

teresa August 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM  

oh YUM! my son doesn't like yellow, but i bet he would like this!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP