Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

Friday, December 21, 2012

I pretty much guessed before even making these, that my family would love the salty and sweet combination of these bars.  What I didn't expect was how much other people would love them too.  I went home from the gathering I brought them to with a completely empty plate and several requests for the recipe.   

Recipe adapted from The Family Kitchen
Click here for printable recipe.


Posted by Kristina. 

The ingredients:


3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups mini pretzel twists, broken up
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup of the pretzel pieces.
Spread the batter evenly into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan and bake at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
In a small microwaveable bowl melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips stirring every thirty seconds until smooth and melted.  Sprinkle the bars with the remaining crushed pretzel pieces and drizzle with the peanut butter and chocolate mixture.
Let cool until set, then cut into squares or bars. 

Enjoy! 


Sign up on the right for free email updates and be sure to "like" our Facebook page!



1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM  

Mmmm it would be yummy with Nutella, too!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP